Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 7

Assignment 2
I left a comment on Karin's and Doug's blog.

I read Who's Buying Teen Books and The Next Big Thing.
I was not surprised that adults are the major readers of teen fiction. Who's Buying Teen Books makes a great argument; teen novels are a literary escape. Adult readers of teen fiction seek simpler plots and interesting characters that will lead to be a quick and entertaining read. Adult books with similar themes are highly literary and can be too complex to follow.

Assignment 3
Cassandra Clare Tumblr
I really enjoyed scrolling through this Tumblr. Besides the Sea of Monsters, City of Bones is a movie that I am waiting in anticipation to see. I may even be brave and go to the theater alone! *gasp*

Clare does a great job engaging the young audience. Though the target audience of this blog are teens, adults, like me, find the page entertaining. I'd say the target audiences are the young-ish crowds; teens, new adults, and (cough) 30-somethings.

Forever Young Adult
I recently learned about the Forever Young Adult Book Club through a friend on Goodreads. We have officially created a Baltimore Chapter of FYA. Our first meeting is in a few weeks!

FYA is for adults who read young adult literature. The FYA page is monitored and authored by the creators of FYA. The content of the page is definitely targeted to adults.

Assignment 4
Little, Brown Book for Teens
Two titles in James Patterson's Maximum Ride series will be the trend for the summer; Nevermore and Angel a Maximum Ride novel. Other titles featured on the site include a variety of themes. Most popular are fantasy and action, though realistic teen fiction is well represented.

Teens/Penguin Young Readers
My initial reaction to the Penguin site, "This is beautiful." The layout is simple and attractive enough to draw both teen and adult readers. Just as Little, Brown, Penguin focuses on novels within the fantasy and action genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment